- BHEL: Medical Department, exhibition on `diabetes and prevention’, RSK dispensary, Mainguard Gate, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Centre for Nehru Studies (CNS) of Bharathidasan University: D. N. Tripathi, Chairman, Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR), New Delhi, delivers Jawaharlal Nehru lecture on `Jawaharlal Nehru and International diplomacy’ and releases the book titled “Sources: Construction and Reconstruction of South Indian History” authored by N. Rajendran, Director, CNS, C. Thangamuthu, Vice-Chancellor, presides, University auditorium, 2.30 p.m.
- Tamil Nadu Science and Technology Centre (TNS and TC), Chennai, Anna Science Centre-Planetarium and Ramanujam Museum and Math Education Centre, Chennai: Workshop for teachers, valediction, A.T.B. Bose, secretary, Ramanujam Museum and Math Education Centre, Chennai, chief guest, Anna Science Centre, 5 p.m.
- The Institute of Engineers (India) and Computer Society of India: K. Rajappan from the PGP College of Engineering, Namakkal, speaks on `computerization of industry documents’, Institution building, BHEL main office road, 5 p.m.
- Maharishi Vidhya Mandir: Inauguration of the PRAVAAG Transitional Centre for Children with Special Needs, N. Venkatramani chief guest, P. Gnanadurai Michael, former CBM Consultant for Asia, speaks, K. K. Nagar, 10.30 a.m.
- National Child Labour Project and Child Labour Elimination and Effective Rehabilitation Society: Children’s Day, Ashish Vachhani, Collector, Kunal, Assistant Collector (training) and others speak, DRDA training hall, 4 p.m.
- Canara Bank: Launching of the new savings bank scheme `CANCHAMP’ for children, St. John’s Vestry HSS, 4 p.m.
- Federation of Indian Ex-servicemen Associations (FIESA) – Tamil Nadu: Mupperum vizha, Delhi Ganesh, actor, flags-off rally, Musiri bus stand, 10.40 a.m., anniversary, K. N. Nehru and N. Selvaraj, Ministers, Sarubala R. Tondaiman, Mayor, Delhi Ganesh and others speak, IMA marriage hall, Musiri, 4.35 p.m.
- Sri Sivananda Balalaya: Children’s Day, interaction with the special children, Adavathur campus, 10 a.m.
- IS Diabetes and Hypertension Centre, I. S. N. H. trust and NSS unit of the S. M. Hr. Sec. School, Woraiyur: World Diabetes Day, diabetes rally and exhibition, K. Kanagaraj, NSS coordinator, Bharathidasan University, declares open the exhibition, N. S. Prasad speaks on `diabetes care for every one’, school premises, 10 a.m.
- Rotary Club of Tiruchi Fort: N. Senthilkumar speakson `change in life style to prevent heart attack’, Hotel Sangam, 7.30 p.m.
- YOU CAN and Child Line: Child Rights and Protection and sensitisation programme, K. Chelladurai, Headmaster, All Saints Middle School, presides, school premises, Tennur, 9 a.m.
- Tiruchi District Cooperative Union: Cooperative autonomy and Right to Information Day, R. Jayaram, Regional Joint Registrar of Cooperative Societies, chief guest, District Central Cooperative Bank, 10 a.m.
- Trichi Distilleries and Chemicals Ltd: Founder’s Day, M. Narashimha Rao, director, speaks, V. T. Somasundram, MD, presides, 10.30 a.m.
- HEED-Manikandam, SHARON, Worth Trust and Rane TRW Steering Systems Ltd: Children’s Day, R.Muthukrishnan, CEO, presides, CREA School, Nagamangalam, 5.30 p.m.
Source : The Hindu