The SouthernRailway has undertaken major expansion of Railway lines and trains between cities. The recently completed Trichy – Madras Broadgauge line has helped integrate Trichy with major cities in North / West India. This article lists the status of various projects involving Railways in Trichy.
In addition, massive efforts are underway to beautify the railway station. The Trichy station is a sleepy little station although it is connected by major cities in and around TamilNadu. The planned upgrade to Trichy Station are:
- beautification of circulation areas,
- improvement to waiting halls,
- conversion of retiring room to star class,
- better surface to platform to enable mechanical cleaning,
- electronic display of train arrival,
- modern and improved lighting
- provision of touch screens
This upgrades will be done in Tiruchirapalli, Thanjavur, Kumbakonam, Villupuram, Puducherry, Vridhachalam, Mayavaram, Tiruvannamalai, Tiruvarur and Ariyalur railway stations. Complete details about various projects and performance can be obtained from here.