- Bharathidasan University: Centre for Adult, Continuing Education and Extension (CACEE) and Institute for Entrepreneurship and Cancer Development (IECD), UGC seminar on `Population education and youth development,’ C. Thangamuthu, Vice-Chancellor, inaugurates, B. Vijayakumar, Director, CACEE, Kerala University, delivers key-note address, Khajamalai campus, 10 a.m.
- National Institute of Technology-Tiruchi (NIT-T): UNESCO Club, Programme on `memory tips’ by C.S. Karuppan Chetty, Head of the Department of Mathematics, A2 Hall, 5 p.m.
- MIET Arts and Science College: Department of Computer Science, special lecture programme on `Software testing and quality,’ K. Rajesh and Sivasankar speak, A. Mohamed Yunus, correspondent, MIET institutions, felicitates, A. Shaik Dawood, Principal, presides, 10 a.m.
- Tamil Nadu Science and Technology Centre (TNSTC), Chennai and Anna Science Centre-Planetarium: Awareness programme on `Detection and prevention of food adulteration,’ R. Muthukrishnan, CEO, inaugurates, P. Iyamperumal, Executive Director, TNSTC, presides, 10.30 a.m.
- Centre for Women’s Studies of the Bharathidasan University and UNICEF, Chennai: Gender sensitivity training programme, valediction, C. Thangamuthu, Vice-Chancellor, delivers valedictory address, Devasish Dutta, Project Officer, HIV/AIDS Intervention of Out of School Youth, UNICEF, Chennai, presides, Alaihal Don Bosco, Manikandam, 3 p.m.
- Kurinji College of Engineering and Technology, Manapparai: `Kurinji rolling cup’ inter-schools ball badminton tournament, college ground, 3 p.m.
Source: The Hindu