- Shrimathi Indira Gandhi College: Valediction of seminar on `Emerging Trends in Biological Sciences’, P. Iyamperumal, Member Secretary, TN State Council for Science and Technology, distributes certificates & prizes, K. Meena, Principal, presides, 4.30 p.m.
- Jenney’s Academy of Tourism and Hotel Management: Seminar on `Entrepreneur Development on Soy Bakery and Food Products’, 10 a.m.
- Periyar E.V.R. College: P. Pugazhenthi, Bio Control Advisor, speaks on Vermicomposting and Agri Business, 11.30 a.m.
- The Institution of Engineers: Sampoorna Swamigal of Master Choa Kok Sui’s Pranic Healing Association speaks on Holistic Health, institution buildings, BHEL Township, 4.45 p.m.
- TRUST Society: World Mental Health day awareness rally, K. Meena, Principal, Shrimathi Indira Gandhi College, flags off, Anna Statue, Chinthamani, 9 a.m.; anniversary celebrations, Dr. Zameer Basha, immediate past president, Indian Medical Association, Tamil Nadu, presides, G. Gopalakrishnan, president, Tiruchi Association of Psychiatrists, speaks, T.N. Venkatesh, Collector, Karur district, delivers key note address, Santhivanam, Seethapati, 4 p.m.
- National College: Cancer awareness rally by NCC cadets, Wing Commander B. Biswas, Commanding Officer, 3 (TN) Air Sqn., (Tech), NCC, chief guest, K. Anbarasu, Principal, presides, 8 a.m.; Department of Chemistry: T. Vasudevan, Head, Department of Industrial Chemistry, Alagappa University, speaks on Applications of Electrochemical Technology, 10.30 a.m.
- People’s Development Initiatives: State-level campaign on `HIV / AIDS’ by college students, G. Lokanadham, Chief Medical Superintendent, Railway Hospital, Golden Rock, flags off rally, District Court, 2 p.m.
October 10, 2006